February 25, 2014

January TMI / This Month I: Had a Perfect Start to 2014

Hong Kong picnic polaroid
January has been a beautiful month. Picnics, paintings and partaking in Chinese New Year festivities.
It was my friend Phoebe Yeung's birthday, she's a talented young photographer with an enviable collection of modified vintage camera and we all celebrated with a picnic feast at Disney's Inspiration Lake and I baked a chocolate and walnut banana bread which was happily devoured. Polaroid photo by Phoebe Yeung.

Kitty N. Wong / Lindsay Lohan painting
This Month I:
Worked on a new Lindsay Lohan piece for Women I've Wanted to Be. Gold leaf everywhere! That stuff has like special electrostatic powers or something, the bits that are stuck on my mug and my desk just will not come off.

Cream fruit cake at Cafe Lavende
Met up with the gorgeous Li Meng de Bakker to chat about life and collaboration over delicious desserts at Cafe Lavende, a quiet rustic French cafe on Prince's Terrace in Midlevels. Check out our finished food x fashion project here.

Kitty N. Wong / Twenty Bliss exhibition
Set up for the TwentyBliss group exhibition at Boom Gallery here in Hong Kong. It was such an amazing turn out, thank you so much for everyone who came out to support.

Kitty N. Wong / Madame Bao gouache painting in vintage frame
One of my pieces exhibited at the TwentyBliss show, Madame Bao in a vintage red wood frame. The illustration was originally created for Tatler Hong Kong and appeared in their January issue.

Happy in Hong Kong girl dancing video still
Got to help out with the Happy in Hong Kong video shoot by Hélène Franchineau and Edwin Lee, how fun is filming! Now I have the itch to do more, maybe I'll have to start making my own vlogs instead of passively and obsessively watching them on Youtube. Watch the finished Happy video here, can you spot me?

Kitty N. Wong / babies on the subway pen sketch
Drew a baby on the MTR. I've been good lately about taking my sketchbook out everywhere and drawing and taking notes of whatever catches my imagination.

Kitty N. Wong / Live drawing at a fashion show with sketchbook
Did some live sketching at the Ecochic Design Award grand finale runway show. So energizing to sketch live and so quickly! If they are any PRs reading this, please invite me to your fashion shows I'd love to do more of this. Check out the finished sketches in my blog post about the show.

gold foil flake nails diy
I accidentally bought way too much gold leaf from TaoBao for a painting in the Women I've Wanted to Be series, there's a whole stack of these on my desk now and I've been gold leafing everything. Red and gold flake nails are perfect for Chinese New Years which just past last month.

fake vinyl panel of Hong Kong skyline, under construction
Sunny days on the Tsim Sha Tsui promenade with a picture perfect plastic view of the harbour.

For more TMI, follow me on Instagram for daily updates: @kittynwong.

No comments:

Post a Comment