January 13, 2014

This Month I've Been / Hand Holding Things December, Goodbye 2013.

brioche and yellow flats
This Month I've Been:
Holding and eating delicious golden brioches, my mom made a batch for my dad's birthday. Crispy, buttery and too delicious. Hong Kong's been cold this past month and I've been taking advantage by baking more and eating everything in sight.

Kitty N. Wong / WIP Cat Marnell gouache painting
 Working on my new "Women I've Wanted to Be" series. WIP shot of the Cat Marnell portrait.

Tetsuya Ishida in Hong Kong
Seeing art at the holy trinity of international galleries in Hong Kong: Perrotin, Gagosian and White Cube. Just finished at the Gagosian was late Japanese artist Tetsuya Ishida amazing paintings.

Hommes string quartet sketch at Landmark HK
Getting out more, I accidentally came across the Hommes Australian string quartet's performance at the Landmark as part of the mall's Christmas series. Handsome boys on violins, so dreamy.

Kitty N. Wong / quick christmas portrait
Making quick Christmas portraits for clients. Want one? Email me for more info! kitty.n.wong (at) gmail.com. Valentine's Day is coming up, makes a lovely unique gift for your sweetie.

Kitty N. Wong / ootd sketchbook
Trying to sketch more, on the spot instead of from photos. This is one I did in the mirror of my #ootd. Ooooootd.

Distilling Sense Exhibition in HK, pink giant ballons
Seeing the Hong Kong Arts Centre's “Distilling Sense” exhibition, look at this gorgeous dream like installation by teamLab. 

Kitty N. Wong / Turkish Bath watercolour fashion illustration
Trying out new materials like painting acrylic patterns onto an acetate overlay.

Vvn Ho portrait in oil pastel
Getting my portrait done, artist Vvn Ho did a drawing of me in oil pastel at her live portraits booth at Daydream Nation's Bazaar. Isn't it so cool? I love the fauvist colours.


Yuen Long, Hong Kong Picnic with dim sum
And of course, eating everything in sight. My friends and I picnicked at Yuen Long park, Yuen Long is a veritable food heaven, amazing tofu flower, drunken chicken, har gow, soy marinated meats and the famous Hang Heung lo por pan (wife cake).

Capping off a very wonderful year, goodbye 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment